Friday, May 23, 2008

For kicks...

One day, while the power went out while I was working on something (for absolutely no reason... Hey, it's the Tina!), I decided to make good use of my time... I emailed Billy a list, and here's what I came up with.

I'm contemplating reasons why I love the United States of America:
1. You don't have the electricity cut out for no reason
2. Cars aren't ALL fuming with smog
3. Eggs/ham/tomatoes aren't put on top of every item of food (they are rarely lacking in protein)
4. CHICKEN WINGS
5. Domino's pizza, Papa John's pizza, Pizza Hut. (aka variety)
6. The president can't screw us over as easily and blatantly. In return, we don't kick the president out every few years for kicks.
7. Easy access to internet in your house
8. Real mattresses and boxsprings
9. Air conditioning. Even better: central A/C
10. Heating. Even better: central heating
11. Cell phones with plans instead of cards
12. Mexican food is Mexican, not Argentine
13. People understand you when you say "Wal Mart"
14. Caesar salads are delicious in America
15. People obey traffic laws 80% of the time, as opposed to 20%
16. People put their children in seat belts
17. School administrators give a crap about organization
18. America speaks English
19. Americans speak English to Spanish speaking foreigners (trust me, it gets annoying when you're trying to speak Spanish and they try and speak English back to you. It's kind a hit to your self esteem. So I am never speaking Spanish to a foreigner in the States unless they tell me they would prefer I speak Spanish.)
20. Americans know how to construct toilet seats that don't spit at you when you sit down.
21. Americans have change and don't yell at you over 50 cents or even 10 cents
22. Every third American isn't pregnant
23. Mullets are sported only by a minority
24. Dogs are trained
25. Dogs are bred on purpose instead of by wandering down the street
I am sure I could think of more.
And I did:
JUICY STEAKS WITH A LITTLE PINK IN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!! mmmmmm
salad dressing
stop signs
Screens on windows instead of bars. Damn mosquitos eat me UNDER MY COVERS at night!
Real doorknobs

No comments: